- The NSODA Emblems: To really feel belonging, all branches and members and individual members should acquire copies of NSODA emblems such as; membership cards, constitutions, magazine, etc. The new membership cards are valid for five years.
- Nso Cultural Identity: To promote and market our cultural identity, Lamnso should be the working language at all Nso cultural meetings; similarly, the wearing of cultural and befitting attire at meetings was highly recommended.
- The running of NSODA secretariat: To support the national executive bureau to meet up with their numerous expenses, the following amounts were finally agreed on; all home branches to pay annual levies of CFA 20.000 francs, sub-divisional branches at least CFA 30.000francs, divisional branches – at least CFA 50.000 francs, Regional branches – at least CFA 100.000 francs, and the Diaspora – at least CFA 200.000 francs.
- Media coverage: The enlarged exco congratulated the NSODA executive bureau following its efforts to bring the well listened CRTV program – Morning Safari to Nso to talk about Nso and exhorted them to bring more of such programs and also to invite other news media to further widen the audience.
- Projects Committee: Proposed list of members for the various projects committees and their terms of reference were read out and some amendments were made on them. Six of such committees were identified for the six on-going projects. Each committee could co-opt more members to join.
- General Assembly Meeting: The next NSODA General Assembly Meeting was moved from the month of July to October 2015 for fear of rains and to allow branches time to meet up with financial obligations. This assembly shall amongst other things draw up an annual budget for the next financial year.
- Management of NSODA funds: The national executive bureau was congratulated for taking practical steps to ensure transparent management of NSODA resources and budgetary allocations, and at the same time calling on them to continue in this same light.
- Council of Elders: The role of the council of elders was outlined as a consultative organ of NSODA and a proposed list of members of this council was read out. More members should be co-opted into the list.
- NSODA and branch meetings: All NSODA branches were exhorted to always include NSODA matters into the agenda of their meetings to better sensitize members and keep them current about our projects.
- Vacant and dormant positions in the national exco: Branches were requested to propose more members to fill vacant and dormant positions in the NSODA national executive bureau since the Bamenda exco meeting; some of whom are still inactive. The exco was then called upon to propose and replace all the inactive national executive members and report in the next general assembly meeting for confirmation.
- Football competitions: Branches were encouraged to organize football competitions at branch level so that only the winners will compete at annual end-of-year festivals in December, and this to improve on the quality of the competition.
- Detractors: That all detractors, who in one way or the other are tarnishing the good image of NSODA in the various branches, be identified and called to order. In future, they shall be identified and denounced publicly.
- Next meeting: That the next enlarged exco meeting shall take place in Ndop on the 25th of July 2015.
NSODA RESOLUTIONS AT NKONGSAMBA APRIL 2015
NSO DEVELOPMENT AND CULTURAL ASSOCIATION
MOTTO: SOLIDARITY AND PROGRESS
CONTACTS: 661 43 32 50/ 677 99 00 87/ 661 21 59 10/ 661 42 73 86
ADDRESS: PO BOX ……., KUMBO – NSO
BUI DIVISION – NORTH WEST REGION
Bankers: Banque Atlantique Account - 37330076501-41
The NSODA Enlarged National Executive Meeting held in NKONGSAMBA Saturday the 11th day of April 2015
After fruitful discussions that lasted close to four hours and bringing together over 80 participants from 20 branches of NSODA, resolved as follows:
Posted by Shey Tatah Wo Scandy at 4:33 PM